Friday 17 January 2014

Car Boot Sale

Salam and good day readers!

Have you heard of car boot sale before? I have, but never really knew what it was until I came to London. It is actually a sale where stuff sold by other people (2nd hand things) and sometimes, they sold them directly from their car boot, hence the name. (^_^)
 
 
See...I told ya...
 
But, not all items are sold this way, obviously... If you think of saving a few bucks and don't mind using other people's leftovers, this is the place to be.  

The sale usually held either at an open lot or an empty warehouse. Battersea held one of the biggest car boot sale. To enter, you need to pay. The rate is different according to the time. For example, if the entrance fee from opening time (let say..at 10am) is £3, at 11am, the fee is dropped to £1 and on 1pm it'll be 50p.

I arrived around 12.30, so we waited for half-an-hour. When I arrived, there's only 2 person ahead of me. As the time goes by... look at the line... 
There's an incident while we were waiting. You know when we queue, usually we will 'chop' a place for a friend or family. There's this lady saved a place for her family (I'm assuming), and the guy behind her got so angry and won't let her family queue in front. He kept saying, everyone else waited, they didn't (while pointing at the women's family), it's not fair.

Drama... drama... drama...

So far, my perception of car boot sales, if I want stuff like toys, electronics which are other than clothings, I wouldn't mind buying them here. It'll still be value for money.


All in all, it was quite the experience.
Until next time, I bid you farewell.http://eemoticons.net


 

No comments: